Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wednesday, 9/7/10 Electrician and Deck

Today I meet with another electrician (Dave) to get an estimate on all the work I need done. I have to update to a breaker box and rewire the washer/dryer and range, etc. I am actually going to move the box from the kitchen to outside the house (just on the other side of the exterior wall actually). Anyway, Dave was pretty awesome. Still not sure if I can use him, waiting to get an estimate. But he was real talkative and funny. He just seemed like a stoner who just started doing electrical work and got good at it.

Also I worked on figuring out parking for the home, and am just going to put some side parking in. There is already gravel in both the backyard and the side yard where parking was. I'm going to remove the gravel from the backyard (its too hard to get back there) and just put some nice river pebbles down right next to the alley.

I worked a little more with kitchen cabinet stuff, which is by far the most time consuming thing I have done so far. I am looking at many different places trying to find some good cabinets that I actually like and can afford.

Finally, I spent a good amount of time making measurements and designing the back deck. Right now there is a small concrete patio that I am building directly over. That makes the designing of the deck a lot harder. (You can see from pictures that the concrete patio and steps is a challenge). So I have to build around the patio and just run some 2x4's on top of it. If that doesn't make any sense to you when you look at the sketch then dont worry about it, I will post pictures later when it is being built.

No comments:

Post a Comment