Friday, September 24, 2010

Thursday, 9/23/10 Dirt, Wall, and Johnny

Sorry, another post that is a day late. But it was a good day. Parke is back from recording, so him and Josh spent the day spreading more topsoil. (Some of you are probably wondering why I didn't just get someone with a bobcat to come out and level all the dirt, and I worked the numbers out and it was cheaper to just pay Parke and Josh to do it.) They finished the whole front and side yard.

I did some final measurements of the kitchen, to make sure they are right when I take them to the place I am buying my cabinets from.

So after that I got a little bored and started knocking the drywall and wood paneling off the wall in between the kitchen and living room that is coming out. I was waiting for Johnny Flatt to show up, which he did soon after I had started swinging the sledge hammer.

Johnny is Josh's father-in-law and a handy man who is amazing at pretty much everything. So I walked him through the house and showed him all my plans. He will be overseeing much of the work, especially any sort of skilled labor. So most of the afternoon was spent with him figuring out the next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment