Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday, 9/24/10 More Dirt, Trim, and a Little Sick

Sorry for another day without any cool photos to look at, not sure if I would be able to get through this blog without having photos to look at...

Anyway, I had another truck load of dirt delivered today for the backyard. The guy who brought it was actually early (not something you see very often when remodeling a house). So I had him drive slowly forward as he dumped the dirt, spreading it out quite a bit. This made Josh and Parke's job much easier. They have spread almost all of the dirt in the back and will finish up on Monday. Then we will but some grass seed and straw down and get some pretty grass to grow in the front and back.

I worked inside some, after I ran to Home Depot to buy some more rakes. Both the rakes I bought had already been put through a ton of work (plus they were really cheap) and they weren't quite holding up. So I was nice to Josh and Parke and got them some nicer ones that would actually stay together. I became ripping the inside trim down for the rest of the morning.

I then went back to my other house (aka the one I am living in) for some lunch. I did some basic planning after lunch -- I try to get a broad idea for next week on Fridays. After working for a while I started to not feel too great and a little sick. So I just rested for a while and felt useless. Pretty much the end of my work day.

But while still at home, when I started to feel better I noticed a large amount of house flies buzzing around. Like 15 at least. Some how I had not completely shut the back door after using the grill and they had been coming inside for the past few hours. So I started a battle, nay a war with house flies. (Note: we do not have a fly swatter). I employed the three basic strategies against them. 1. Kill them out of mid-air with by clapping your hands together. 2. Smack them against the window when they are vainly trying to escape. 3. When they are down by the bottom of the window, quickly open it and let them fly out, and then quickly shut the window. Thus they are stuck between the window and the screen.

I managed to kill 11 by using the first two techniques and trap 5 more using the third. I know that really has nothing to do with this blog, but I wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment