Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday 9/21/10 More Electrical and Some Digging


Today Dave the electrician finished putting on the new breaker box and hooking it up. Tomorrow the inspector is going to come out the house and make sure he did everything right. I have no doubt that he did.

By the looks up it, it would seem that Dave did way more work than either Josh or I (by the way Parke has been in Birmingham recording and will be back tomorrow). I started my day by scraping more of the ceiling in the bedroom. Its a very long process...

After running to Home Depot, I set Josh to the task of digging a narrow trench next to the house parallel to the alley. (Look at the photo below, but its hard to make out). Anyway, I am putting side parking in and am putting wooden runners in on the grass side. The other side is the paved alley and so its fine. I'm using pressure treated 2x10's for the runners, and so about 8 inches of it need to be buried in the ground.

Unfortunately the ground was all roots, buried bricks, and gravel right where the runners need to be. So it was very very tough going. I took a break from scraping the ceiling and helped Josh for the afternoon, and we managed to get two of the 2x10's in place -- aka 20 feet since I bought 2x10x10's. It might have been worth getting a ditch witch, but it was a good workout. Going to finish up tomorrow and then will be ready to put the river pebbles down.


No comments:

Post a Comment