Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday, 9/16/10 Planning


I spent today planning almost all day. Shown here is a basic layout of the kitchen. Hopefully I will be able to put the stove where the sink is and move the sink to underneath the window. Have several things including dealing with my budget to see if that is possible.

This morning I met with a plumber to look at having the plumbing for the washer and dryer moved as well some other small things. I also had him give me an estimate for moving the sink and dishwasher. Lets just say that everything was way more expensive then I had hoped. I'm going to get a few other quotes and go from there.

I spent a large part of the afternoon with my interior designer Angela going over designs for the home. Most of the time was in the kitchen, but also talked about the bathroom and even picked out some exterior colors. It looks like the interior of the house is beginning to move forward.

I have also brought several of my friends over in the last few days and gotten their opinions about the house and what they think about my ideas. It has felt good to know that in general my ideas line up with what other people think.

I will explain in more detail the kitchen layout tomorrow when I post more sketches of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment