Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday 9/13/10 Trees and Kitchen

Today started another week of work. Josh and Parke worked outside all day doing several things. First they removed the small section of wooden fence that was on the left side of the house. When the chain link fence on the left side of the photo is replaced by a wooden one, this section to the house will be replaced. But it will be moved up to cover the HVAC unit from anyone looking from the front yard.

I helped them take some limbs off the trees over the chain link fence. Some of the limbs stretched over the house and two were dead. Removing them opened up the backyard even more. There is one more branch that I want to remove, but I need to get permission from my neighbors who live behind the house. They were not there when I went by today.

Parke and Josh did more of what has come to define everyday of their work, which is to dig up stumps. Besides for two large ones -- from the two trees on the alley side of the house that they removed today -- I think they have removed them all. Tomorrow we will take stuff to the dump and get ready to get topsoil for the front and some of the backyard.

I have spent even more time on kitchen designs. Hopefully by tomorrow, after I meet with my interior designer, I will have a pretty good idea about the layout of the kitchen. The kitchen is such an important part of the house and it is where a large portion of my money is going, so I guess it makes sense that I am spending the most time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment