Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday 9/14/10 Shed, Raking, and Back Awning


Today started off with Josh and Parke taking down the very nasty shed in the corner of the yard. I was thinking about possibly keeping it, but it was in terrible shape and needed to go. That took them several hours of what I'm sure was very fun work. While they were doing that, I started raking the whole backyard. I am hoping to put down grass seed next week and that means getting the billions of twigs and garbage out of the yard.

As it got closer to lunch time, I headed back home to do what I had been putting off for a few days. I started organizing everything (it has been several days since I have organized anything, so papers have been all over my room in no real order). Parke and Josh, already tired, soon joined me for some great burgers.

The afternoon meant more raking and shoveling trash, gravel, and twigs into trash bags for Josh and Parke. I stopped by for a little while and all three of us worked to take down the back awning. The things was super ugly and I am very glad it is gone. Small bad news is that I will have to get a little brick work done where the awning attached to the house. But well worth not having the thing there.

I spent the afternoon doing more organizing and making phone calls. Haven't decided whether I would rather be doing that or manual work at the house. It really depends on the day. Designing things such as the kitchen are by far my favorite activities. Actually getting ready to do a little bit more work this evening involving kitchen planning. And tomorrow brings many trips to the dump.

I am also including a to-scale blueprint of the floorplan. Thought I had already put this up... This will change some as I start knocking down/moving a few walls.



No comments:

Post a Comment