Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday, 9/9/10 More Stumps and Deck

Today Josh and Parke worked more in the backyard to get most of the remaining stumps out. (They have taken out a lot of them). They did some other fun clean up stuff, and got all the trash taken to the street. There is way more trash then what fits in the trash can. Hopefully the trash guys will be nice this week and take the rest of it.

I spent my day taking some final measurements and making the final drawing for the back deck. I changed it some since yesterday so that it will now cover the crawl space door. All I really have to do is switch the crawl space door to open in instead of out. (If it opens out then it would hit the joists of the deck and not be able to open.) The deck is going to be 10 feet out from the deck and 18 feet long, plus a 4x5 foot landing that the steps come down from. Its going to costs more than a few pennies, but it is going to look great and make that backyard much more usable.

I also did fun stuff such as going to Home Depot, spraying weed killer in the whole yard, fogging the crawl space, and other small things that some how adds up to take up a large part of my day.

Tomorrow its just me, Josh and Parke are already at the lake for my roommates birthday (James). James and I will be joining them after he gets off work tomorrow. I guess I will be doing some manual labor myself.

Below is both the new drawing for the deck and two new photos of the backyard. They really don't look too different than old photos, just a few small trees and a lot of stumps missing.





No comments:

Post a Comment