Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday, 10/4/10 Cabinets


Once again my car has failed me. I was hoping to be able to get my emissions test today and then get new tags, so I wouldn't be driving with expired tags. But instead my check engine light came back on for the third time this morning. So I took it back to the same place and they knew what was wrong already. They have been trying to save me some money by not completely taking everything apart and cleaning it (Im not getting enough airflow from the exhaust or something). But now they have to do what they were originally going to have to do. That's happening tomorrow morning. Another day without a car. Awesome.

Anyway, I just decided to take my chances and go drive and get some stuff done. So I first went to Southeastern Salvage -- where I'm getting the kitchen cabinets -- and had them design the kitchen on the computer from my drawings. It took a very long time so between that and looking around the store again, all of my morning and even a little of my afternoon was taken up.
I then shopped around for a water heater. I need a lowboy (it has to be able to fit in the crawlspace) so there aren't too many options. Ended up just getting on from Lowes. The one in the house right now has the bottom rusting out.

Back at the house Johnny had been pretty busy. He had gone to Home Depot and bought a fair amount of supplies. He had begun putting new sub-flooring in the bathroom and hall closet. He screwed it down since we are putting tile down and we need no movement in the floor. Also, Johnny worked on putting up the new wall between the hall and bedroom closets. We choose to go with a 2x6 wall so that the dryer vent can run through the wall.

Lets not forget Parke. Im sure he had a great day of scraping the exterior trim. He seemed very excited to do that for most of the day, with breaks to move the water sprinkler. Actually the grass is already starting to come up in some places, really excited to see what happens in the next few days. Having a great lawn will make a huge difference for how the house looks.

1 comment:

  1. sorry about your car. just what you need… more expenses, right? looks like some good progress on the house. step by step!

    ReplyDelete