Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday, 10/25/10 Exterior Work and More Planning

Shown here is a picture of the new kitchen window. The old window was too low, it went past the counter weight. So this new window was picked to be higher and to make space for wall cabinets. Although both of these photos are of things not done today, I thought you would like to see them anyway...

This morning started out really well. Johnny was working on getting the exterior ready for some brick repair, aka removing bolts and other strange things that were on the house. While he did that, I finished making my to do lists and even ordering them by what needs to be done next. For some reason that seems to take way longer than it seems like it would.

I also had to take my dog (Lucy) to get her stitches removed. I just adopted her about two weeks ago and had her spade. So it was time to get her stitches taken out. Well it turns out Lucy gets car sick, or is just super nervous about being in the car. Either way after coming home from the vet, I spent a large part of the early afternoon cleaning dog vomit out of my car. Not how I had hoped to spend my afternoon...

My window guy came by later in the afternoon to fix a small problem with one of the windows Johnny and I put in. It wasn't serious, just a spring in one of the latches was broken. Johnny also started working on installing the kitchen floor.

Below is the opening in the bathroom that is now sized for installing the glass block. We are treating it like a window and installing a sill and molding on the exterior to make sure it will not leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment