Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Monday, 11/8 Painting, Insulation, Staples, and Hardwoods

Today I got the first coat on the brick; it totally transformed the house. Tomorrow a second coat will be put on and it will look even better! After that the trim will be done in a nice brown color and it will look like a real house again.

Besides for the painting, a lot of other things happened at the house as well. I had insulation guys come out and put insulation in both the attic and the crawl space. I was amazed that the price difference between hiring them and doing it myself was very small.

While they did that, Parke spent the day pulling staples out of the hardwood floors. Josh has done some of this before, but there are hundreds of small staples throughout the house. Parke will most likely being doing more of the same thing tomorrow. Johnny was also working with the hardwood floors, replacing pieces that have been too badly damaged to repair. The main area he put in pieces was where the wall between the kitchen and living room had been.

The day was very busy for me, I was talking with the painter and the insulation guys as well as running to Home Depot. I also drove down to the Cool Springs area and went to Cox Interiors, where I believe I found the interior trim I will be using.

No comments:

Post a Comment